At LoveMyWindow.com, we are committed to protecting your personal information that you share with us through the Internet. We do not like long-winded, hard-to-read, generic privacy statements so we have created the following introduction to keep things simple, safe and straight forward - the way we like to work.
Our promises to you...
Information sharing: We are 100% against spam emails and people unlawfully sharing information. You can rest assured that all information you provide us with (order information, newsletter sign up, contact details) will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Sensitive information: We never store credit card details, nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties (unless clearly stated). We only retain the information that we need to successfully complete your order. If you need to make an extra payment to us over the phone, we will always ask for payment details again but these will be destroyed after use. All payments are processed safely by PayPal.
‘LoveMyWindow.com’ is a trading name of Net Curtains Direct Limited.
By visiting: https://www.lovemywindow.com (the "Website"), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Net Curtains Direct Limited. Data may be processed by other members of Net Curtains Direct from time to time.,/p>
Information we collect from you:
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us;
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Websites or by corresponding with us by email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Websites, subscribe to our services, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Websites, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Websites. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, personal description and photograph and other feedback given through competitions or surveys. In each case where we collect this information, we seek your consent and will not use your information otherwise than in accordance with such consent.
We use PayPal to process all payments, which is widely considered the safest online payment strategy. We never store full credit/debit card details once they have been used for the purpose of your order. We will only ever store the last 4 digits of your credit/debit card. We only retain the information that we need to successfully complete your order including, billing and delivery address, contact telephone number, full name and address. If you need to make an extra payment to us over the phone, we will always ask for payment details again. We do no accept payment details over email or voicemail these details will be discarded straight away if they are sent via these methods. More information about PayPal can be found here: http://www.paypal.com/uk
Information we collect about you;
With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Websites (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for' page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources;
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide, including any of the Websites. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on our Websites.
Uses made of this information
We use information held about you in the following ways;
Information you give to us;
Depending on the scenario, we will use the information you give us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, and to notify you about changes to our services which may affect you. Additionally, subject to your consent to the same, we will use your information:
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to profile and match your data with data collected from our Websites and provided by third parties so as to ensure that content from our Websites and communications we may send you are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and that our communications are relevant to you and tailored as much as possible to your requirements.
Information we collect about you;
This includes information collected using cookies, browser cache, Locally Stored Objects and similar technologies used when you visit our sites, which we (and selected third parties) may use:
- to administer our Websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Websites to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Websites about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources;
We will combine the above information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive and the consents you give us in relation to that information).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of Net Curtains Direct, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:,
- business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Net Curtains Direct LTD, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes, and you will be given the option to opt in or out of such data processing. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to your information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.